6.25.2011

recipes...nom nom

I made 2 new appetizers for Cathleen's lingerie shower last weekend. Both of them got 2 thumbs up so I thought I would share! I'm nice like that:) I made bruschetta and chocolate chip cheese dip and I am pretty sure I could eat them both all day.

Chocolate Chip Cheese Dip
This recipe was originally a cheese ball. I'm a dip kind of girl, so I just never formed it into a ball and served it in a bowl instead. It worked:)

what ya need:
1 8 oz. package of softened cream cheese--use the fatty kind. go big or go home.
1/2 cup of softened butter
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped pecans--I left these out

Blend the cream cheese and butter together until completely mixed. Add the powdered sugar and blend. Mix in the brown sugar and vanilla. Gently stir in the chocolate chips & pecans if you decide to use them. Serve with graham cracker sticks, nilla wafers, or in my case...Scooby Snacks. don't judge.

Balsamic Bruschetta

What ya need:
8 diced roma tomatoes
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
2 minced garlic cloves
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
1 loaf of yummy french bread

Combine all ingredients except for the bread...obviously. Let the mixture sit in your fridge for a few hours so all the flavors can mix together. I promise, this makes a difference! Serve on lightly toasted french bread. I changed the actual recipe a smidge because it called for fresh parmesan but I didn't think that it needed cheese. So I took it out...because that's how I roll.

What are your go to recipes for appetizers & entertaining??

No comments: